Atlantic aims to conclude the majority of complaints received within a period of 15 to 30 working days in accordance with the Superintendent of Insurance Office’s regulations. Within this period the complaint will be processed in 'two stages' as follows:
- A complaint will at all times be handled once we receive your completed form.
- Within 2 working days we will acknowledge receipt of the completed Complaint Form and explain how the case will be handled.
- Further the complaint will be considered by the Complaints Officer who will issue a response, normally, within 15 days.
- If for any reason additional time is needed to complete the examination of the case the complainant will be informed in writing within 30 working days.
- If the claimant is not satisfied by our final response, or if no reply was received within 15 working days you are entitled to request that the complaint be escalated to stage 2.
- At this point you may refer the matter to out-of-court dispute settlement bodies.