Contractors All Risks insurance (also known as Contract Works insurance) is specially intended for building contractors and provides cover against physical loss or damage to works, plant, equipment and materials during the course of construction. It also covers the Insured’s legal liability for bodily injury to or illness of Third parties and for loss or damage to Third party property.
The policy provides cover for the unexpected and unforseen physical loss and /or damage from any cause during construction works or during the maintenance period. All the risks and events arising from construction works are covered except those risks that are specifically excluded from the policy.
Generally we can provide cover for the following:
- Construction plant and equipment
- Construction machinery
- Existing buildings and other property
- Materials stored outside the site
- Loss or damage during the maintenance period
- Expenses relating to the clearance of debris
- Additional expenses necessary for expediting the restoration process/repair
- The Insured’s legal liability to pay compensation for accidental bodily injury to or illness of Third parties and accidental loss or damage to property belonging to Third parties